Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Gardening


Well, I will not be gardening today due to the rain. Oh well. April showers bring May veggies. Yesterday I planted the first plantings of lettuce, radishes, mesclun mix and peas. They will love this rain. I did some landscaping on the herb plots and got the stepping stones positioned into the side garden. The new garden plot is ready for the next stage as soon as I can figure out what the next stage will be. It is another 2 foot by 10 foot plot which I was readying for another square foot garden, but now I'm wondering if I'll do a more traditional garden and put all the root veggies there. Stay tuned for my decision. Unfortunately I was so busy gardening that it got dark before I could take pictures. That seems to be my pattern: I garden until I can't see any more. However I did find a picture of my first Square foot garden. In the area by the green car is where I'm working now.
And then I made some adjustments on my nephews bicycle under the glow of the street light. I love days off.

No comments: